Thursday, October 24, 2019

New Review! On Broken Wings (The Witness Series #7) by H. D'Agostino 4.5 Cranky Stars

On Broken Wings (The Witness Series #7)On Broken Wings by Heather D'Agostino
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


Pardon me while I pick up my heart off the floor and rage against nasty teenage boys. Not all teenage boys just the posers, the users and the abusers. I felt so horrible for Jenni but at the same time I wanted her to turn this around and use it to her advantage, but I guess not everyone has that mindset. I wanted her to bounce back but I guess in a way Jenni did. She had to wallow for awhile and then came back stronger than ever with a few scars to show she went to battle.


When we first meet Jenni, she was an elite gymnast with a pretty good life. Parents who loved each other, a high school boyfriend she was smitten with and a brother who adored and protected her. Slowly things started to unravel with the boyfriend and then she caught the eye of Nate. This is when things went downhill fast and her life changed in so many ways. Jenni is now afraid to leave her house, trust men and hates to be touched. She works at a family friends security firm and goes to college. It’s just her and her brother and she’s content with her life despite hiding away from it. It’s when she meets Evan, she slowly starts to open up yet maybe he isn’t who he seems as well. Evan has secrets but those secrets are meant to protect Jenni. He seen her across the quad and just knew he had to know her, but timing wasn’t right. That didn’t stop him though and he falls hard and it takes a lot of work. While juggling so many balls things come to a head and he must do the one thing Jenni hates. Lie. Will all his hard work be in vain? Will she learn to fly again?


Oh Jenni! My sweet girl my heart broke for her. I mean I couldn’t imagine someone doing that to me I guess because I grew up in a time before the digital age not that bad things didn’t happen it just wasn’t broadcasted. I really liked Evan he was the quintessential good guy. I know he had some hard decisions to make and I think he handled them well. My only mishap I noticed that Evan mentions he has a sister yet Jenni freaks out when she realizes she never knew he had a sister. This book deals with a lot of heavy subjects but it’s done well. I also jumped into these books with Masons book so don’t worry about not being able to follow along. I do suggest you start with book six though to know Dani from her brothers POV. I’m so glad I got the chance to read this story.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home