Tuesday, March 3, 2020

New Review! Adventures of Death, Reincarnation, and Annihilation by Francis H. Powell 5 Cranky Stars

Adventures of Death, Reincarnation and AnnihilationAdventures of Death, Reincarnation and Annihilation by Francis H. Powell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 CRANKY STARS


To tell the truth, I didn’t think I would like this when I received it. I chose it because it was an anthology but then had second thoughts. However, it was great. I’m not even sure how many stories there were as I lost track. Eleven maybe. Each story is different and a thriller. Some are long and others quite short, but they capture your attention and you can’t stop until the story ends. If you are old enough to have enjoyed the “Twilight Zone”, you’ll like every one of these stories within stories.


Some authors are just masters of what they do, and I believe Mr. Powell is one of these. The first story is about a woman from the past who haunts a family on the shore. It gets spooky and I found myself holding my breath. I’m not sure if this is an anthology as some of the stories seem related. There are parts not chapters but there are names on each part. It is hard to review them individually. For instance, Part 2 is a continuation of Part 1. Part 3 is another story and continuation from Parts 1 and 2. These all seem to be stories within stories, but they are all good and worth reading. I got really confused when I got to the end. Not sure how it relates to rest of book, but it was interesting. Because of these oddities, I couldn’t put the book down until I finished it.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home