Thursday, May 14, 2020

New Review! The Silent Daughter by Claire Amarti 5 Cranky Stars

The Silent DaughterThe Silent Daughter by Claire Amarti
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 CRANKY STARS


Well, this book was a total surprise. It is a fascinating, well-written suspense tale. I was expecting something else, but this was a “can’t put down” read. Mystery abounds and again, I couldn’t figure out who did what. The end was a shock to my investigative mind, as I didn’t see it coming. So, I highly recommend this to readers of mystery and suspense.


The story revolves around Sadie and the boarding school she attended in high school. She is now teaching there. Nothing has changed since she was a student. The rich girls still hate the scholarship girls and aren’t afraid of letting them know it. She was a scholarship student herself and knows how it feels. Thus, when a student goes missing, chaos ensues. Old memories resurface and situations she thought were in the past, resurface. Her best friend Fiona was the other scholarship student when she was there. Just before graduation, Fiona was in a car accident and died. The story starts at the cemetery with Fiona’s mother and Sadie on the tenth anniversary of her death.


I don’t want to put in any spoilers, this story is just too good to have it ruined by hints. The only thing I found annoying was the constant back and forth between the present and the past. However, that is a necessary part of the story. In the future maybe the author could use different typeset for the past or label the chapters. Otherwise, it was a perfect story from a first-time author.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home