Tuesday, August 25, 2020

New Review! Things That Should Stay Buried by Casey Bond 5 Cranky Stars

Things That Should Stay BuriedThings That Should Stay Buried by Casey L. Bond
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


It’s been awhile since a book has pulled me and made me want to dedicate my time to reading. I haven’t read a book where the Zodiac were actual embodiments of people. Mythical people with horns and such but you get my drift. I was pulled in from the first word typed on the page and from there I was on a magical ride. Cheering for Larken and Aries and their family and friends.


Larken is your typical teenage girl who runs track and looks forward to senior prom with her high school boyfriend until he dumps her seemingly out of nowhere. She is heartbroken but accepts an offer to attend with her friend Xavier. Larken also has a twin brother named Kestrel who isn’t who he seems but Larken is happy to keep her twin by her side even if it means holding onto this life altering secret. When a mass text goes out to the world life changes. Larken finds herself in a tomb with Kes and an unknown man with horns. She thinks life can’t get any weirder until she is whisked away to Aries castle and she finds out she is the catalyst for a war between the Zodia spearheaded by Taurus himself. Aries has promised to protect her at all cost but isn’t expecting this enigmatic fiercely loyal woman. Everything comes to a head with Taurus and allegiances are made right before the great war that will decide everyone’s place once and for all.


I wish I could say more. I have so much more to say!!! I really liked this story. I know Lark is young and still finding her place, but she accepted hers here almost effortlessly. She has a big heart and that shows. I really did like Aries even if he had horns and pink eyes. He was a peacekeeper but would tear down worlds to protect Larken. I wanted Kes to find his someone though. I think everyone should give this book a try even if fantasy isn’t your thing just jump in. I wasn’t sure what to expect either, but I was pleasantly surprised. I will certainly be seeking out more Casey Bond books for sure.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home