Tuesday, November 3, 2020

New Review! Lost Boy by Ker Dukey 5 Cranky Stars

 

Lost BoyLost Boy by Ker Dukey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


Holy cheesus!! I’m a true crime junkie through and through. The human mind is a crazy place and seeing shows about how they became a killer versus how we are just everyday people with everyday jobs. When I seen that one of my favorite psychological romance writers was penning a book about a serial killer, I was all onboard. She didn’t disappoint me. From page one I was in it and trying to figure out everyone’s place. I will say this if you are squeamish or not big on murder type things then just stop now. The first few pages alone will make you cringe.


Lizzy has survived the unthinkable. She is barely coasting through her life. She isn’t living she is basically surviving. Her only friend is her roommate Charlotte. These two are night and day. Charlotte lives on the edge and gives her body away freely while Lizzy is reserved and afraid to let anyone get close. She makes friends with a guy in her class named Stephen but that’s just it he’s a friend and nothing more. She carries around her big secret everyday until one day her past is now her present. There is a mysterious man upstairs that she can hear every night through the vents. It starts with a random girl murdered and skyrockets from there. They all have the same calling card as a killer she knows well. With her fearing for her life and those around her she gets closer to the man upstairs who has a pull on her she can’t place. Past clashes with the present and Lizzy doesn’t know who’s who and who’s out to kill her.


I have so much more to say ughh!! I don’t want to ruin it but seriously I was on the edge of my seat. I love taking this creepy mind trips with Ker Dukey. Her brain is a messed-up place and I love it. I thought for sure I had it all figured out but nope right at the end I was tossed for a loop. Charlotte, I knew was making up for daddy issues with the revolving door to her bedroom. Stephen well he wigged me out he was almost too pushy and wanted desperately to be a friend but berated Charlotte to a point I wanted to junk punch the guy. Guy upstairs well I was wrong about you and I really liked you. So, if you want to experience a slow build of creepiness then Lost Boy is for you. Just don’t read this book alone or in a dark room or maybe a dark alley I don’t know but just know it’s not real……or is it??


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home