Tuesday, February 16, 2021

New Review! A Beauty So Cruel (Beauty and the Beasts #1) by Beena Khan 5 Cranky Stars

 

A Beauty So Cruel (Beauty & The Beast, #1)A Beauty So Cruel by Beena Khan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


So this is a mobster take on the classic Beauty and the Beast. Dahlia the Beauty meets Vlad at a ball when things take a disastrous turn. This is definitely not your momma’s version of Beauty and the Beast. This is so much better. There is suspense, drama, and a swerve that you will not see coming. I’m still shook by that ending.


Dahlia, oh Dahlia where do I begin with you? I didn’t connect with you at first because you were so closed off. But when you started talking to Vlad, I listened. I learned so much from what you said and didn’t say. Vlad, you are my dark and angsty book boyfriend.


So the book started off kinda slow, but once the thing happened (when you know you know) it took off like a bottle rocket. I thought I had everything figured out until the end. That’s when the mother of all swerves happened. I was shook. I had to re-read that section over again.


Beena Khan, you rocked my reading world with Dahlia and Vlad. I cannot wait to see what happens next. I can’t believe we have to wait until April for the next book (cue up the Dawson’s Creek theme song). I will definitely recommend A Beauty So Cruel to everyone who loves a mobster story.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home