Friday, August 5, 2016

New Review! The Tree House (The Tree House, #1) by Shay Lynam, 4.5 Cranky Stars

The Tree House (The Tree House, #1)The Tree House by Shay Lynam
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

**** 4.5 Cranky Stars ****




The Tree House, YA-contemporary, starts at a break neck pace and never quits. We meet Hailey, the main female protagonist, facing off with gunmen for reasons unknown.



Fleeing, she’s in danger. Her family is in danger. Her brother is missing and everything she knew about her life is a myth.



Answers and potential safety lie in Seattle at the eponymous Tree House. There starts Hailey’s journey of discovery of herself, her personal history, and a group of people that share a similar fate.



Along the way, Hayley encounters Jack. He’s brash, battle-hardened, and a reluctant hero, who has secrets of his own.



There is a lot to like about this book: the pace that never gives up, the characters (main, secondary, and fleeting), the way mysteries and secrets unfold. I sat down and read this book from start to finish in one night.



The one criticism I have is I found the science a bit questionable. I do not think this undermines the story, nor makes it any less compelling, but I thought it might have worked well in a more futuristic setting than contemporary.



The Tree House ends with questions remaining and I have already downloaded the next work, The Trial, to read in the series.



Recommended!



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home