Wednesday, November 2, 2016

New Post! Songs of Seraphina by Jude Houghton, 4. 5 Cranky Stars

Songs of SeraphinaSongs of Seraphina by Jude Houghton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



***** 4.5 Cranky Stars *****

This is a well crafted, fast paced fantasy which had me hooked from page one. It tells the story of three sisters Charlemaign (Charly) Cairo and Pendragon (Penny) Agonistes and their link with a parallel world called Seraphina.



Their parents and several other Serindips (people who worship a goddess called The Lady, including their grandparents the colorful, Gaff, and six foot odd grandmother, the Ogg who are all refugees from Seraphina.



There are so many twists and turns in the story that there is no chance of becoming bored, not with murder, war, blood, magic, betrayal..............



We meet the assassins of the gods (demi-gods in their own right), evil and self serving minor dignitaries, witches, the Forgotten, and a necromancer.



I have one minor issue with the story though, the position/job descriptions and various tribes/nations of the Seraphinians are so different that it impeded seamless reading for me and despite me having a fair vocabulary I found that I had to look up many words as the author went out of his way to use uncommon words. This in itself is not a bad thing, it simply slowed me down.



This has been one of my favorite reads during the past several weeks and I award it 4.5 cranky stars.


View all my reviews

1 Comments:

At November 3, 2016 at 6:16 AM , Blogger Giselle said...

This sounds like an exciting read and really well written, too! Great review! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home