Tuesday, July 31, 2018

New Review! Hayden (Four Sons #2) by J.D. Hollyfield 4.5 Cranky Stars

Hayden (Four Sons, #2)Hayden by J.D. Hollyfield
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


Let’s face it Hayden is a jerk. I want to use a stronger word but the powers that be at Amazon will dash my hopes of getting this review into the world. An epic jerk with a chip on his shoulder the size of Asia but underneath all that he has a serious heart. It’s just guarded under layers of cynicism and barbed wire.


Hayden has been tasked with running Four Fathers since the demise of his father. He must take care of his brothers as well mainly Camden since he is our baby Pearson. He had love once but it slipped through his hands. His erratic behavior seen to that and his need to prove Trevor was hiding a deep dark secret. When a threat literally knocks on his door he must protect the Pearson name at all cost while trying to make amends with Katie.


Katie fell for Hayden the minute they touched. She tossed a year of her life away to be by his side to only have it blow up in her face. When she finally comes around to visit Lucy and Trevor she knows that Hayden will be lurking around. She didn’t expect him to be so cold and calculating with his hateful words. She will always love him but is afraid to get close. Tragedy strikes, and she knows she just can’t walk away from this beautiful complicated boy.


I didn’t think I’d like Hayden as much as I did. In Nixon he was such a callous jerk just tossing feelings out the window to screw nameless chicks. He was forced to grow up and live a life he never wanted for himself. I learned why in Hayden. It explores so much more. I liked Katie she took no prisoners when her feelings were on the line. This book had a mystery and love and woo did Hayden and Katie steam up my kindle. I can’t wait for the next installment of this series. These boys are starting to grow on me.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home