Thursday, September 27, 2018

New Review! Stratus (Fallen Skies #1) by Miranda Brock 3 Cranky Stars

Stratus (Fallen Skies, #1)Stratus by Miranda Brock
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3 Cranky Stars


I would ultimately give this book 3 out of 5. I have to say I found this book just kind of “middle of the road.” It was by no means boring, but I would call it inconsistent. Some characters were pretty well thought out. I did get a good sense of who they were as people, like our heroine, Liliana. I connected with her. Through the use of her inner dialogue, I really got to know her snarky personality and it made me like her.


On the opposite side of the coin, our hero, Stratus, felt incomplete and wooden. Just not enough insight into him as a person. He felt like a robot at times. Too formal, stiff. At other times, his secretive nature became annoying and I felt like Lilly was way too smart to not see it. Or to willfully look the other way when he was obviously hiding things from her.


At times this book felt like a weird mix between a high school type drama, and an adult themed novel. I would have liked a bit more maturity from the plot. I wasn’t sure if it was YA or not. The setting was interesting. I really enjoyed the descriptive, highly visible way the author describes the town.I felt like I could see what she saw. All in all, not a bad read, just not a great read either

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home