Thursday, April 18, 2019

New Review! Little Dove (The Redenzione Series #1) by Perryen Livingston 3 Cranky Stars

LITTLE DOVE: Inspired by Actual Events (The Redenzione Series Book 1)LITTLE DOVE: Inspired by Actual Events by Perryen Livingston


3 Cranky Stars


Where to begin...


First, I think I will start with the characters. The author created in the beginning a very strong willed female lead. She was stubborn and head strong and defiant. She did what she wanted and settled for nothing. She was the perfect woman creation, physically and mentally.


This confidence and high self esteem in a young woman caught the attention of the leading male. Highly protective alpha male was just the thing to bring a steamy love story for the alpha female and fulfill her wants and needs. The perfect couple.


For me the book was random and too long. There was a confliction on whether this book was supposed to be a love story or a suspense. The whole first half of the book was a love story, a telling of the entire life and love of the couple and how they fall in love. The whole second half was a completely different world. The two did not mix well. It should’ve been separated into two books to get a good story in without the confusing transition and character change.


What bothered me was the confident strong willed independent girl in the first half of the book suddenly became an anxious, doubtful, insecure woman. Out of no where. Like what!? How did that happen? What happened to the strong minded confident woman? And I don’t like how she treated her husband. Over time she seemingly because selfish and demanding. It just rubbed me the wrong way making me dislike her.

And how the heck did she suddenly go from a mental mess to confident again and the mob princess? What?


All in all, for me it was a random ball of confusion that I just honestly am still processing how it makes sense.

I give it 3 out of 5 stars. The only thing going is the author can story tell, it just need more thought and careful plotting to get the point across more efficiently.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home