Thursday, February 27, 2020

New Review! How the Mind Breaks by Dani Rene 4.5 Cranky Stars

How the Mind BreaksHow the Mind Breaks by Dani René
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


You will have to have your wits about you when reading the book, if you don't you will get lost. I found it emotional in two ways, first I liked the book then I was going to give up on it then reading on I liked it again and the it got really good. Secondly the subject matter is an emotional rollercoaster. How much can your mind take before it breaks?


Tia had been abused by her father and friends from the age of 16, she had witnessed many things a young girl shouldn't see. In her mind she had a special place she could go, so as not to feel or hear. She believed that she killed her own mother and that her older sister was away at school. Braxton was ex services and had his own mental issues, he had banded with some other ex service men and formed unit that dealt with things their own way.


He fell in love with Tia when first seeing her but didn't know it. His mind couldn't handle emotions at all.


This book starts to twist and turn in directions you would never think. It makes your own mind go crazy trying to figure it out. How can two broken people survive together? Will it be a happy ending? I enjoyed this read in the end and was glad that I persevered with it. Warning a dark book.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home