Thursday, May 21, 2020

New Review! Grave Humor (Magical Romantic Comedies #10) by R.J. Blain 4 Cranky Stars

Grave Humor (Magical Romantic Comedies, #10)Grave Humor by R.J. Blain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


I honestly don’t know how to review this book. It was quirky and interesting I can say that. It is book ten in the series but they are meant to be read solo so you shouldn’t feel lost. I kind of did at times like there was more to this town and these inhabitants that showed up at Anwen’s house or maybe they aren’t at all part of a backstory so who knows. You can safely jump in if you like so buckle up here goes my review.


Anwen is a woman with no good parents who rather partake in illicit hobbies than be a parent. She has been on her own for some time just trying to make ends meet. She isn’t a magical being like some citizens of her town, but she pings radars. She just thinks she’s an anomaly with an addiction to honey rocks. She works at a funeral home where the dead just up and have a walkabout and ooz on the furniture then there is a vampire and a species of unknown origin in the basement. You can imagine what happens next I’m sure because poof the vampire and the unknown or antique as she calls him wake up and boy does her life change. Suddenly she’s flush with money and a new job and Lucifer himself just shows up out the blue in her house if she says his name. Then there are headless angels that somehow talk, a funeral director with a vendetta, a cranky neighbor, a snow leopard person, a dragon and yeah, I’ll stop here. Her life takes on a new meaning and she’s lusting after Eoghan (the antique). Did I mention we have a virgin alert? Nope? Ok cool so there is that as well. Anwen will soon get answers to her purpose and his soon enough.


See like I said quirky. It almost felt like a history lesson in a religious lesson inside of an anatomy lesson, so I got lost a few times. I also couldn’t keep track of who was talking because of how it was written. It did have some funny moments when she mentioned a punchline and the angels literally thought she wanted to line up people and punch them which they were onboard to do. It did start to pick up toward the ends and I liked the background characters as well. All in all pretty interesting I suppose if you like quirky paranormal books with humor in them.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home