Tuesday, October 20, 2020

New Review! Love Always, Wild by A.M. Johnson 5 Cranky Stars

Love Always, WildLove Always, Wild by A.M. Johnson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


“You deserved to be loved out loud, in the open, in front of the world. Let me give that to you.” Pardon me while I cry into my kindle. Has anyone seen my Kleenex? I love that A.M. Johnson isn’t an author who just cranks out books (not that there is anything wrong with that truly) you are in for an emotional highlighting passages in your Kindle making you stop to look at your life kind of ride. She invokes feelings and thoughts you didn’t know you had and for that I love her words. She’s also a sweet awesome champion of everyone’s right to love no matter what kind of human.


Wilder Welles was an out and proud gay man who built his own family with the friends he held near. His parents have cut him out their life when he didn’t fit their idea of a perfect family. He hid in the library at college just existing until he met Jaxon Stettler. Jax was a closeted gay from a small religious simple-minded town in the South. You under no circumstances paraded that around unless you were ready for the bullying. The only time he felt himself was those stolen moments when him and Wilder hid behind a dorm room door. Sadly, their story wasn’t meant to be when tragedy struck and Jax left and fueled Wilds abandonment issues more. They meet again 9 years later over emails in which Jax hides who he truly is. He is still stuck in this backwoods town working a construction job and Wilder just wrote a successful book. When they meet it’s not the reunion Jax hoped for but little by little he proved to Wild that he is in it for the long haul. It wasn’t easy it was messy, but it was so worth it.


Woman!! Why do you do this to me?? I was so hooked. I really felt for Wilder I could see why he thought Jax would leave again but seriously he needed to man up. June was my idol because without her there would be no story in my opinion. I loved that Jax had this big heart for his family well except his dad. This book deals with a lot of issues. The religious aspect that a lot of them don’t accept gay people, the fear of coming out and losing everything, living your best life, and the fear of abandonment are just many lessons in this book. This Cranky girl feels that love is love and you should love who you want openly and out loud just like Wilder and Jax.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home