Tuesday, February 23, 2021

New Review! Street Smart (Work For It #1) by Aly Stiles 4 Cranky Stars

 

Street Smart (Work For It #1)Street Smart by Aly Stiles


4 Cranky Stars


This book was a change from the normal emotional romances Aly Styles writes. It took a bit to shift gears for me when reading this one since it’s more romcom. It started shaky for me at first I wasn’t sure where it was going and it seemed a bit scattered but once It got rolling I was into it. I mean who could resists Chads whole nut presentation? I was laughing out loud with my husband looking at me like I was crazy. He wasn’t the star of the show though that title belonged to Marcos and Eva. An up and coming business major and the daughter who works for her fathers company.


Eva works for her fathers’ company but starts to notice some strange goings on. When Marcos is hired as her intern, she knows he is the perfect one to help her uncover these shady deals. Eva soon realizes she doesn’t just like him for his brain and his smarts she realizes he’s so much more. Marcos has never felt like he’s belonged. He’s a former stripper who is now a business major and wants to make something of his life. He accepts an intern position at Reedweather and hopes this will be his foot in the door. He doesn’t expect to meet Eva who he works for but he is smitten with her. He is happy to help her develop a plan to stop the corporate tyranny going on. Even if it means playing rummy with a creepy old lady and getting molested by an equally creepy lady who is married to someone else.


I did love the banter between these two. They were funny at times but hella smart. This was different for me from this author like I said but no author should be chained to one genre. Aly Styles proved she could do funny as well. I may have been in the middle of a rare ice storm in the south when I read this but mentally I was cheering on Marcos and Eva from page one.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home