Monday, May 30, 2016

New Review! Spurs by Jules Dixon, 4 Cranky Stars

Spurs (Cherry County Cowboys, #1)Spurs by Jules Dixon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



**** 4 Cranky Stars ****

Family matters most to the Taylor family. As long as they're together they can make it through anything.



Grayson Taylor just graduated with his masters in Psychology. While his career path is set his love life is in shambles. Agreeing to spend the summer at home with his family is what he needs.



Grayson has a past that haunts him everyday. It's keeping him from moving forward in life and with his career.

Quote:
“You know my grandmother told me a quote that I think fits lots of things happening in your life right now. I believe it was Emma Smith, ‘Life is like the river, sometimes it sweeps you gently along and sometimes the rapids come out of nowhere.’ Be prepared for either when two rivers or streets meet, Dr. Taylor.”



Isaac Scott is a true cowboy full of muscle on top of more muscle. He is a wandering soul never staying in one place too long. He finds his summer stop in Valentine Nebraska as the Taylor's new hired hand. One mistake in his past keeps a ghost following him wherever he goes, never allowing him to move forward until Gray.



Quote:
We all make mistakes. It’s the path you choose after that will determine the person you become, not the mistake.



Jules Dixon has an amazing way of showing the reader what true family and unconditional love means. It's not often that I find a book that encompasses the love shared between two people in a true and very real way. Orientation doesn't matter to this reader, as what's in the heart is what really matters.



I wanted to give this book 5 stars but there are some grammatical errors and extra words thrown in that pulled me away from the story. Usually I would mark it down to a 3 for that, but the story and characters are too good for that.



I look forward to reading more from this author.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home