Tuesday, January 30, 2018

New Review! The Curse (Accalia #2) by H.L. Girton

The Curse (The Accalia #2)The Curse by H.L. Girton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


Genesis is still coming to terms with her new-found powers. She’s a wolf and a nymph which is a mighty odd yet deadly combination. She is determined to prove herself to her pack. She has been traversing all over looking for something that is missing in her world and when she finally finds it she holds on with both hands. She thinks she has made allies but in a world of dog eat dog and everyone wants to be an Alpha she has to remain on guard. She sets off to Russia to learn more about her heritage and captures the attentions of another Alpha.


Liam wants to atone for his sins. He sets off to find the Alpha of the pack he wronged and what happens is beyond barbaric. His one bright light and reason for being is Genesis. He isn’t sure how to come back from what he has done but he hopes he has one more chance to make it right.


I have been waiting on The Curse since I read the final sentence in The Accalia. I’m invested in the lives of Liam and Genesis and the pack. I was glad to see some growth in Genesis from book one because let’s face it she’s a dramatic 18-year-old woman and well aren’t all women dramatic in some way? She established herself and finally came to terms with her importance in their world.I will always have a soft spot for Liam even if he acts harshly and smothers Genesis at times.


Madeline is a best friend I’d want to have. We are also introduced to some new key players and I’ll leave that at that. H.L. Girton wrote a villain so cunning and suave you briefly question yourself that maybe you read him all wrong. All in all, this is a wonderful second installment to this world. I’m patiently not so patiently waiting for the third book. There better be a third!


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home