Tuesday, March 13, 2018

New Review! Flesh and Blood: The Vampires of Shadow Hills by Willow Rose 3.5 Cranky Stars

Flesh and Blood (The Vampires of Shadow Hills #1)Flesh and Blood by Willow Rose
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars


Robyn has a feeling that something is different in her neighborhood. Her mom is as intimidating as ever and her dad seems more complacent and doesn’t want to rock the boat too much. On top of that her brother turns 18 and does a complete 180 in the looks and attitude department. She’s been warned to stay away from her best friend of over 10 years Jayden and she is adrift. When a new girl moves into their town she makes a friend but also she’s competition. Together despite parental warnings they come together to try to solve the mystery of her town only to find out her parents are key players in the mystery.


Let me explain why I gave this story 3.5 Stars. At times it felt very very immature. They didn’t have conversations like 16 year old kids In fact they sounded a lot like my 8 year old. The story was all over the place. I don’t know why we had to hear a million times for Robyn to stay away from that boy I got it by the 3rd time they said it. The vampires sizzled when they are mad. Her brother suddenly turned emo and goth and well that seemed like a vampire cliché to me.


I also think where are other supernaturals involved as well. It had such good potential with a story of teenagers solving a mystery. These kids could have been extraordinary but all in all it was just an ok read for me. I hope book two is a little better and solves some much needed questions.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home