Tuesday, March 27, 2018

New Review! Resurgence (Blood of the Custodians #1) by Sharonlee Holder 4 Cranky Stars

Resurgence (Blood Of The Custodians Book 1)Resurgence by Sharonlee Holder
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


Honey, I can hear the heavenly angels singing!! (or maybe just the gospel choir from the storefront down the street).


If you are a fan of Greek and Roman mythology then you are going to love this series!! I was a total mythology nerd in school so I was GREEKED to find these same gods in this story (see what I did there???)


Okay, let's get into it! This is the first novel in a series and and the basic assumption is that you, the reader, have at least a rudimentary knowledge of the major gods i.e. Zeus, Apollo and the like. And I am sure you do, right, cuz, like DUH!!!


This is a totally modern novel, set in today's time. One thing that I absolutely LOVED is that this novel is set in South Africa. There are mentions of portions of cities and areas that actually found me wanting to book a trip! Not your standard New York or Las Vegas or New Orleans, but Johannesburg, South Africa. Also, the gods are gods, yes, but flesh and blood. Heart-poundingly virile flesh and blood.


What I like about this story is that there is plenty of heat, action and intrigue. There is a monumental war coming that will affect both man and god and there is a lot of urgency in the story telling. But there is something very human and real about how the gods related to to each other and the characters. You might even learn a couple life lesson if you aren't careful!


This is a good, fast-paced read and I'm looking forward to the next installment!


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home