Thursday, April 26, 2018

New Review! I Dare You (The Hook Up #1) by Ilsa Madden-Mills 4 Cranky Stars

I Dare You (The Hook Up #1)I Dare You by Ilsa Madden-Mills
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


Who doesn’t love a love story between a self proclaimed geeky cat lover and a hotter than sin football player with a heart of gold? I know I do and that’s why I jumped into this book with both feet.


Delaney sets off to a small town called Magnolia, Mississippi to attend college. One night she meets Maverick and get’s her first college kiss around the bonfire. Flash forward several years and Delaney is fresh off a breakup. She puts up a flyer for a salsa dance partner and it’s here she starts texting with a stranger but meanwhile she keeps dodging Maverick because her stint with a football player left her broken hearted. They create a tentative friendship that develops into more.


Maverick is the college MVP. He can have any girl he wants but he has his eye on the nerdy yet beautiful Delaney. He’s been watching her from afar (not in a creepy way) and when his time comes he steps in to win her heart. It’s not without struggles and his home life getting him down. He keeps that part of himself separate from his college life with Delaney. When and opportunity arises to help his sister out he jumps at it but will it jeopardize his fledging football career and his budding relationship with Delaney?


When I opened this book and seen the town of Magnolia I had to chuckle. You see I live 25 minutes away from the actual Magnolia, Mississippi so yes I was picturing this tiny town but of course it didn’t match up to the Magnolia in the book. It was fun to see though. I loved the banter between these two. I find I’m a lot like Delaney. Nerdy and love cats. I make no apologies. I think Ryker and Skye were amazing at the best friends and I hope to see more of them in the future. Now let’s talk about Muffin. That little hussy. I guess every school has one. I mean who wants to be called Muffin unless you are a cat? She got hers and I was thrilled.


This book was good for a quick sexy funny read. I would totally suggest it to anyone.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home