Tuesday, January 29, 2019

New Review! The Life We Wanted by Kelsey Kingsley 4 Cranky Stars

The Life We WantedThe Life We Wanted by Kelsey Kingsley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


I think everyone is a fan of the Foo Fighters. If you aren’t then you are missing out on the epicness that is Dave Grohl. Much of this story is centered on the characters love of the Foo but it’s also about recognizing a dream you have of always wanting a family and falling in love.


Tabitha is now the sudden guardian of her nephew Greyson. Having lost her sister to a tragic car accident she’s been trying to juggle her job as a real estate agent and trying to raise a 15-year-old boy who is so angry at everyone. When she finds some letters from a mysterious Sebastian Morrison, she learns the one big secret her sister kept that Grey has a father one who really wanted to be a part of his life. When she reaches out it triggers off a whirlwind of events that have her questioning everything in her life. Including why she hides behind business suits and prim hairdos when her true inner tattooed Converse loving self wants to run free?


Sebastian is a drummer for the band Devin O’Leary. The last of the group to truly settle down all he really wants to have a family and a wife to come home to. He carries a secret that he has tried to never think about again until a woman calls him and tells him that he has a son. He jumps head first into being a father and tries to connect with Grey on a level they both understand…music. What he didn’t expect was the beautiful woman that was Greyson’s guardian. She just might be the one for him and he couldn’t be more thrilled.


I felt that maybe while this was a standalone that there was a story before this that might have given me some more insight into who these people were. Mainly Devin and Kylie. I thought it was strange that Sebastian never questioned anything about this kid, yet I understood that he just knew. He had a gut feeling I suppose. Tabby kind of annoyed me at times. She was kind of abrasive and I couldn’t figure her out. I understood she suffered loss after loss and her life was in upheaval but beyond that I wasn’t sure. This was my first story by this author and I liked it. A fun filled interesting take on the life of a rocker who grew up on a farm and just wanted a chinchilla.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home