Thursday, March 28, 2019

New Review! The Magnolia Chronicles: Adventures in Modern Dating by Kate Canterbary 4.5 Cranky Stars

The Magnolia Chronicles: Adventures In Modern DatingThe Magnolia Chronicles: Adventures In Modern Dating by Kate Canterbary
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


I was unaware until after I finished this book that Magnolia is a character from a previous series. I didn’t feel like I was missing something because a lot of Magnolias past is in these pages. You do get to see her friends from that series though so maybe it will be worth reading about them if you want. This isn’t their story though this is the story of Magnolia and her journey of loving herself and the scary world of dating.


Magnolia is a landscape architect and yes a triplet. After a series of bad relationships that included someone who dognapped her precious Gronk she has had enough of the opposite sex yet wants to have that connection with someone. Her mom sets her up with an online dating profile. This could only spell disaster for Magnolia and her future dates. They range from guy who picks his teeth with his steak knife the whole meal and one guy who thinks he’s going to get some morning delight at 8am on a Wednesday. Until one message sparks something in her and despite his baseball stat intro on his height and size down below she feels a connection. They start talking and finally decide to meet and see if this is for real. She’s also not expecting the house flipper across the street with the worst home improvement skills to catch her eye too. A deal is made she will date both for the summer and choose which one she wants to have a relationship with. It’s not without mistakes, jealously and heartache and her decision will break someone.


I liked Magnolia except she was 34 and talked like a 20-year-old with her use of slang so that kind of put me off. I mean I call everyone Dude, but she went beyond that. I felt bad for her though with all those crappy boyfriends and her one failed attempt with Sam. I know who I was rooting for and when that inevitable time came for her to make a decision, I felt so bad for her. I think I had second hand anxiety over it! The Magnolia Chronicles is about finding your true self and learning to be happy with you. A man in your life doesn’t complete you it should complement you. It taught you that you must love yourself before you can love anyone else. I really liked her brothers Linden and Ash and I wonder if they will have a story to tell one day? Does Magnolia make the right decision and get her HEA? Read this story to find out!


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home