Tuesday, May 14, 2019

New Review! One Percent of You by Michelle Gross 3.5 Cranky Stars

One Percent of YouOne Percent of You by Michelle Gross
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Cranky Stars


Hadley had goals and was a young mom with a deadbeat dad for a boyfriend. Learning she was pregnant again on the same day the deadbeat boyfriend betrayed her trust she is forced to make a go of life on her own. She works, raises her babies and finish nursing school to provide a better life for her kids. It’s when she meets a tattooed man at the grocery story who made Lucy upset she doesn’t realize he’s going to change her world for the better. Elijah is self-centered and proud of it. He knows he’s not father material and wants no part of it. When the same mom from the store who read him the riot act is standing across the street from his new house he thinks maybe fate has something new in store for him.


I wanted to like this book and in the middle when they finally started to admit their feelings for each other I was into it then it lost me toward the end. The breastfeeding fetish I guess that is what it’s called kind of wigged me out. It takes a lot to make me cringe but that did and well that ruined it for me.


I’m not a prude but that was just a bit weird and I think the story could have did without it. Also Lucy talked pretty smashingly well for a four year old. I admired Hadley and her tenacity I just wish she would have realized she’s more than just a mom. Scott was a useless waste of space and I’m glad she kicked him to the curb. This story had good bones but it just didn’t work for me.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home