Thursday, September 19, 2019

New Review! XO by Melissa Jane 5 Cranky Stars

XOXO by Melissa Jane
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


Ok when I went into this book, I thought it was a enemies to lovers troupe but sweet puppies in heaven this book is so much more. I wasn’t expecting to have my heart pulled from my chest and stomped on. I didn’t think I’d have to grab the Kleenex and walk away from the book at those heart wrenching moments. It was so much more than the title and synopsis claims it’s a story of love and redemption of loss and heartbreak of bullying and first loves.


Jacob has always had a love hate relationship with Rosie from the minute she was pushed across the street by her overbearing mother with a pie. He didn’t need her as a distraction because his ruthless uncouth dad beat into him that football was the only way in life. He tormented her in his own way and made a fool of her in school. When they are forced together for the prom committee this is where things take a turn and Jacob realizes he might just like Rosie for real and goes to great lengths to convince her she has feelings for him too. Now he’s faced with her ten years later and is forced to lay demons from the past to rest in hopes that he can finally fulfill his goal of taking care of Rosie for always.


Rosie has always been tormented by Jacob in high school and his followers. She gives as good as she gets and she just wants to finish school and leave it all behind. Always known as the nerdy art student no one will give her the time of day and she’s fine with that. When it’s announced that Jacob will not only be on the prom committee, but he will also be her main lead in a school play she is forced to confront her very real feelings for him. When a series of tragic events take place, it brings them closer together and they admit they want to tackle this life together forever, but fate has other plans. Now ten years later still nursing her very battered heart when Jacob suddenly shows up in her life and nonetheless at a friend’s wedding, she is forced to put the idea of them to rest but first she needs Jacob to come clean with secrets from the past. It will be a very trying time for Rosie and Jacob.


Sweet puppies these two were cruel to each other but I liked how he stepped up when she needed it the most. Kevin a disgusting pig and well so is Chelsea. Mean girls all over this book. This book starts in the present and takes us through the past to those pivotal moments that made Rosie and Jacob fall in love and then back to the present. It’s not fluffy it’s not a cute romance. It’s in your face it deals with some sensitive subjects so keep that in mind. His dad was scum and so was her mother. Her dad and Jacobs mom are saints and deserve a medal for putting up with that. I don’t like the way Jacob dealt with things, but he was a teenager and felt trapped. Rosie’s anger was justifiable, and I felt for her. Like I said this book hit me like a freight train and I devoured it very quickly. I was so wrapped up in their story and watching it unfold. It’s a good thing I took a day to just rest and relax and enjoy this gem. One quote I really loved in this book was Jacob saying to Rosie “I had you in reality for only a heartbeat, but for ten years you’ve been my fantasy” That one line describes this book a T.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home