Tuesday, October 15, 2019

New Review! Buried by Sian B. Claven 3.5 Cranky Stars

BuriedBuried by Sian B. Claven
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5 Cranky Stars


I really really really like gory horror novels.


I love books with a rich backstory and twists and turns. Maybe some folklore and ghosts. This book has all of that. I love how the different tragic occurrences at this one haunted location are revealed individually showcasing it's seriously disturbing past. It was hard to put this book down. The story was legitimately scary.


The one complaint I have is with the characters themselves. Some of the group in this book go beyond making a couple of bad choices and straight into plain stupid territory. Stupid as in having a big chunk of flesh ripped out the side of your neck by an actual monster and still claiming "this could all just be our imagination." Dude, your neck is gaping open and gushing blood. No, that's not imaginary.


All in all, I give this book 3.5 out of 5 stars. I liked it. I didn't love it. If the characters were a tad more intelligent, I'd have ranked it higher. Good scary plot though. I'm a sucker for haunted houses.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home