Thursday, October 17, 2019

New Review! Never Trust a Rockstar (The Never Trust Series #1) by Sarah Darlington 4.5 Cranky Stars

Never Trust a RockstarNever Trust a Rockstar by Sarah Darlington
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


As the saying goes “Never meet your heroes, because they’re sure to disappoint you” Well Emma learned that lesson the hard way when she met her crush her idol Ollie Mills. Seriously you can’t help but want to junk punch him repeatedly. He was rude and arrogant, but Caleb Mills wasn’t. How can two brothers be total opposite? You’ll find out in this book.


All Emma Winchester did was work and take care of her mother with the help of her Aunt Luce. Just struggling to make ends meet she dates a perfectly normal boy that she doesn’t feel anything for and she feels it’s her fault. She spends her nights after her shift’s internet stalking Ollie Mills of the band Sunset Revival. When Luce enters her into a contest to meet the band and she wins she feels this is her chance. Like I said earlier meeting him turns out to be an epic crap fest. He tosses his rockstar snark at her like she’s groupie and it doesn’t go well. It’s also at this gala she meets Caleb the lead singer. Maybe this “date” isn’t so bad. Emma starts to question her relationship with Nick and her relationship with Caleb, so she has an important decision to make. Yet this isn’t all Emma is dealing with she needs to make a life altering decision when it comes to her health.


Caleb is the anti-lead singer. While he does get up on stage and rock the panties off the ladies, he’s an introvert at heart. Sure, he has shared a bed with many days early on in his career he doesn’t do that much anymore. When a curly haired freckled beauty catches his eye across a hotel lobby, he feels the pull. You know the one? The bang the zing the this is who I want to wake up next to forever. When he learns this is his brother Ollies date, he knows he must act professional. He befriends her and gets in her good graces. When he finds Emma back in Kill Devil Hills, he knows this is his chance. He woos her and falls hard despite her hesitation. Yet when a blast from the past comes knocking on his door, he is faced with a decision that will also alter his future as well.


This book hurt my heart. I really shed a tear for Emma’s decision. She’s so young and so brave I’ll give her that. I felt like she was staring her destiny in the face when she looked at her mom. That must have been hard, but she loved her something fierce. Luce could have been more supportive. Caleb is the ultimate book boyfriend. I’m a darn sucker for rockstar books and this one didn’t disappoint. It made me swoon it made me upset it made me angry, so I say job well done. My only complaint was that epilogue just seemed to end. Like there was more but it got lost somewhere and I seriously thought something was wrong with my copy. Yet I’m glad with the way it ended so I wonder who’s next? Will Ollie get a chance to redeem himself? Dani? Lucas? I’m ready for whoever gimme gimme!!


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home