Friday, January 1, 2021

New Review! Unbind by Via Won 4 Cranky Stars

 

UnbindUnbind by Via Won
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


I haven’t really read many mutant books. I originally thought Levi was a zombie, but he is so much more. One day a fog suddenly took over the town and now most of the townsfolk were mutants except Levi turned into only half of one. It was very strange to me and different.


He starts off as a normal high school kid who lives with Jon a guy kind enough to take him in and his daughter Maya. Levi held a torch for Maya but always felt not good enough for her. He has no memory of his past and when he turns into half mutant and half human he flees. Maya doesn’t give up on him and tracks him down despite how unsafe it is to be out and she doesn’t know his mental status. What comes next is a test in true love and being honest about one’s fate. It’s about finding memories long forgotten and family and friends you once had.


At times this book was kind of hard to read because they seemed to be talking about themselves in third person POV. There was one small inconsistency that I noted. I did like the start it was interesting. I liked that Levi had a conscience and tried hard to hold onto it. Toward the end felt rushed and like the author was trying to wrap it up quick to avoid possibly making the book longer. I don’t know just my opinion and I mean no hard by it. I was really into the story between Levi and Maya. All in all a pretty interesting book. I’m glad I got a chance to read it.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home