Tuesday, July 9, 2019

New Review! A Bad Breed (Gaslamp Gothic #3) by Kat Ross 5 Cranky Stars

A Bad Breed (Gaslamp Gothic, #3)A Bad Breed by Kat Ross
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


I loved this book and I shall be reading all the other books in the series. I'm normally not a big fan of "period pieces", at least not in book form. But this book was so original and well written. I love the attention to detail and historical accuracy.


This book assumes the reader is intelligent enough to keep up with historical references. It respects it's readers, which I appreciate. I don't like things dumbed down. I like feeling like the material is meant for adults, not children that need their hands held.


Also, I would very much like to say that there is more than just one badass female protagonist in this story which is so refreshing. I can't think of any other book, set in the 1800's, that has a strong, BLACK, female heroine. And she's so well written that it never comes off as novelty. Kat Ross respects her own creations and I love it.


This is a new twist on magic, paranormal, fairytale fantasy. It's completely unique and refreshing. One of a kind. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.



View all my reviews

2 Comments:

At July 9, 2019 at 5:19 PM , Blogger Priscilla Bettis said...

I dig Gothic stories whether they're period pieces or neo-Gothic. This one sounds right up my alley. Thanks for posting your review!

 
At July 15, 2019 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Kat Ross said...

Thank you!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed it (and apologies for my lateness commenting, I was moving house in the middle of the tour, gah...). I adore Vivienne, too. She goes all the way back to my earlier Fourth Element series and it's been a treat to bring her forward in time to the Victorian era. She was always one of my all-time favorite characters. Anyway, more to come in the next one....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home