Thursday, March 30, 2017

New Review! Fireproof Girl by Loretta Lost, 2 Cranky Stars

The Fireproof Girl (Sophie Shields, #1)The Fireproof Girl by Loretta Lost
My rating: 2 of 5 stars



** 2 Cranky Stars **

Abandoned at birth, Sophie grew up neglected and abused. A talented computer whizz, Sophie's life changes when she meets Cole Hunter. He becomes her brother, her protector, and a reason to keep going.



Years later, Sophie and Cole are estranged. When she learns of his murder, Sophie sets out to find the killer and try to bury ghosts from her past.



Somewhere in here is a good book with a lot of potential that wasn't realized.



Time switches can be great literary devices. They can also slow down the pace of the story. Alas, this book was the latter.



There's a mystery in here that is dropped in pieces, but I really felt that some of this should've been indicated earlier in the story. It would've given the reader something to hang onto as the book moves from the past to the present.



It's expected that some level of belief is suspended in works of fiction. This book, however, had areas where I couldn't do that and it made me question the whole work.



The end didn't leave me intrigued. It left me frustrated.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home