Thursday, March 16, 2017

New Review! The Girl in Between by Laekan Zea Kemp, 4 Cranky Stars

The Girl In Between (The Girl in Between, #1)The Girl In Between by Laekan Zea Kemp
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



**** 4 Cranky Stars ****

Afflicted with Klein-Levin Syndrome (KLS), Bryn Reyes lives between two worlds: this one and her alternative state when she's sleeping. Her sleeping can steal weeks of her life, sometimes months, and has robbed her of many normal things a teenaged girl wants.



Her strand of KLS is unusual in that she has created an alternative world from her memories. When Brynn succumbs to sleep, this is where she goes, except this time: someone else is there with her.



A boy washes up from the ocean. He shouldn't be there. He doesn't know who he is or how he got there. Neither does Brynn.



Is he real or symptomatic of Brynn's worsening condition? He might be the answer to Brynn's disease. He might be the death of her.



Then there are other things, like the creeping shadows that might steal more from Brynn than she imagined.



I enjoyed this book. Fast paced and intriguing, it kept me flicking pages. There were parts that I felt were overcooked and could've been condensed, and other parts where I longed for more information.



The slow reveals and little mysteries within the story kept me guessing. The book ends rather abruptly, but I long to know more and how it unfolds.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home