Thursday, April 27, 2017

New Review! The Decimation of Casid by Kevin J. Kessler, 3 Cranky Stars

Rosinanti: The Decimation of Casid (A Rosinanti Novella, Volume 1.5)Rosinanti: The Decimation of Casid by Kevin J. Kessler
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



*** 3 Cranky Stars ***

He is only a man, a warrior who stood alone against the dark, Nevick is the protector of the village of Casid which is home to many displaced people who for various reasons have left their places of origin.



On his wedding day Casid is attacked by 3 disgruntled mercenaries with help provided by Aurex. a Skirlack demon cleric in the form of several skirlak demon warriors.



The village is all but decimated, most of the villagers killed and Nevick's fiance crippled.



This is a prelude to a following novel, however, I was left disappointed because so much was left unsaid. My personal opinion is that instead of a separate novella it would have been better to have this episode as a part of the next novel because I felt that I was left hanging when the Novella ends with the promise that Nevick and Deana will return in the next novel.



This is why I rate this book at 3 stars.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home