Wednesday, April 12, 2017

New Review! Unboundless by K.D. Wood, 5 Cranky Stars

Unboundless (Unwilling #3)Unboundless by K.D. Wood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



***** 5 Cranky Stars *****

I absolutely adored “Unboundless”! Wood continues her wonderful way with words in this final book in the “Unwilling” trilogy. She’s sprinkled her brand of Southern charm throughout the story with phrases like ‘pocket pool’, ‘showing her Christmas early’, and a ‘near orgasmic breath’.



When it comes to characters, Nathan Nelson is the tops! You have to love a man who puts his woman first in life. Neely’s his best friend but he treats her right. He could easily be so much more in her life. Best book boyfriend for 2017 (okay, I know it’s early but I’m nominating him)!



Neely’s precious toddler son is back. You can’t help but love this adorable little munchkin. Even when he’s facing down a monster, he’s still adorbs.



Don’t think “Unboundless” is a peaches and cream story. There’s still drama going on in Neely’s life. And unfortunately, Mr. Grinch himself, Hayden, is right in the mix.



Back in book one, Neely was not my favorite. I wanted to slap a few times. In this book, however, I want to hug her. The girl is unbelievably strong. The way she became a mom is tragic, but her love for her son shines through. Neely is honest and wants to protect her ‘loves’.



Wood does an admirable job of intermingling the paranormal/mythological with reality. Instead of pulling the reader out of the story, it serves to captivate you more.



“Unboundless” ends on the perfect high note. I was satisfied. I didn’t get to the end and wonder if there should have been more. Every story was tied up with a neat little bow.



I truly enjoyed reading “Unboundless”. I look forward to reading more by K.D. Wood.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home