Wednesday, April 12, 2017

New Review! Unloved by K.D. Wood, 5 Cranky Stars

UnlovedUnloved by K D Wood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



If it’s possible, I think I loved “Unloved” more so than “Unwilling”.



This time Wood crafted a phenomenal story with characters I couldn’t get out of my head. “Unloved” will have you changing your allegiances.



In “Unwilling” I was all for team Hayden and ready to slap Miss Neely. Well, the tables turned. Hayden went from adorable to downright unbearable. Neely showed how strong she truly could be. She got under my skin in a good way.



Another character you’ll love is little Lucas. How could you not care about this special guy? The circumstances surrounding his birth don’t matter. What became the important fact was the love he received from both parents.



Book two in this trilogy just floored me with the feelings—so much angst, love, and joy! I came close to having a good old-fashioned ugly cry for Neely. How things went down with her and Andrew just pushed my emotions to the edge.



But the tender moments do not distract. No. They push you forward and make you want to tear through the book to find out what happens next.



In “Unloved”, we get a concurrent story about the taniwha. I’m not an expert on Maori folklore so, I’ll just tell you to look it up. It’s worth the read.



“Unloved” gave me a better understanding of Neely’s history and helped me find sympathy with her, something that her story deserves.



Another five-star read from K.D. Wood!


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home