Thursday, June 14, 2018

New Review! Because Anonymous by Diana L. Sharples 3 Cranky Stars

Because...AnonymousBecause...Anonymous by Diana L. Sharples
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3 Cranky Stars


The story centres on Noah Dickerson who is starting over at a new school. He's supposed to be laying low, hiding out incognito from a traumatic background, but he sails headlong into a complicated crush, social clique, and a mystery about a girl who committed suicide.


When disturbing notes start being sent to his crush, Noah is blamed and as he's the new kid on the block, he doesn't have the social cache that he did at his last school. Rather than laying low, he gets himself on the radar on the school, local authorities, and what he's been running from.


I'm going to be honest, I don't think I was the target audience for this book. It took a long time for the set up to be established and really get going, which I felt was a missed opportunity. By the time it really did get started, I was actually half-in and half-out on it.


I also found the adults in this story more juvenile than the teens and in some instances, I was squinting at the application of education policy and law on Noah. I know. As I said earlier, I don't think this story was intended for me.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home