Tuesday, July 17, 2018

New Review! An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes #1) by Sabaa Tahir 5 Cranky Stars

An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1)An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


I loved this book! It is a story about 2 entirely different people who each have a common theme; freedom.


Elias is a Martial soldier against his will. Laia is a Scholar who becomes a slave to try to save her brother after being taken from the Martial soldiers. Laia shows a ton of mental strength (aka badass in the making!) who will stop at nothing to try to free her brother. Elias struggles with his loyalty to the Empire as he questions right from wrong.


This book is quick paced with lots of action and a little bit of romance. It tells the story from Elias’ and Laia’s perspective and I think that helped keep me on the edge of my seat! I liked that the author wrote this way. Some of the chapters ended in cliff hangers and you had to wait until you read the chapter in between to find out what was going to happen next. This was a really well written book that will make you want more and more from the author. I would highly recommend this book if you like different perspectives, action, love triangles, and otherworldly characters.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home