Thursday, February 7, 2019

New Review! Stained (The Crane Diaries #3) by Apryl Baker 4.5 Cranky Stars

The Crane Diaries: StainedThe Crane Diaries: Stained by Apryl Baker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


I am in love with this series. I will admit I read Homecoming before I read The Ghost Files series. I immediately went and bought all the book and I haven’t been disappointed. The story of Mattie Hathaway AKA Emma Crane gets better, and she matures as each story comes out. They don’t stay stagnant and just have Emma battling ghosts she grows and finds the true meaning of family and love. That maybe it’s ok to lean on someone. That your family doesn’t have to be the conventional nuclear family. It can be an angel, a demon, a girl who can talk to ghosts, a reaper and all the misfits that come along with it.


Emma is back in the one place she doesn’t ever want to see again Charleston, North Carolina. She is here for Dan and his family while his “mom” goes to trial. She’s taking a big risk being there because Ann Richards would love for nothing more than to see Emma perish and disappear. There is something more at stake than the vengeance of an evil mom there is a ghost looking for help. Emma doing what she does best sets out to help this lady with some bumps along the way. Amidst all this she sets out to help her reaper mentor Kane. She finds herself in quiet a predicament. Who knew the cursed blade will poison a demon from the inside out? The road to the actual trial is filled with bumps, bruises, broken arms and stab wounds. Dan just wants to keep her on this side of living and he knows that being here at the trial isn’t easy for her. He loves Emma Crane and will do anything to prove it. After all their lives and souls are intertwined in many ways besides the metaphorical sense.


The ending had me on the edge of my bed. Lord I jumped up like this isn’t happening!! I had to talk myself down. I absolutely love how Emma went from this misfit foster kid to who she is now. A vibrant still snarky always hungry but with more sense 20-year-old woman. Dan deserves a medal, knighthood and sainthood. He is the perfect book boyfriend. Peaches the Hellhound is the best. A bumbling invisible dog that will eat you.


I’m happy to see Emma exploring other relationships especially with Nathaniel. This series reminds me of Supernatural. Emma Crane is the Dean Winchester of her world. That might be why I love this series. If you haven’t picked up The Ghost Files, then started The Crane Diaries what are you waiting for? This series and the spin off have sucked me in and I hope there is more.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home