Thursday, September 19, 2019

New Review! Dating the DILF by Amali Rose 4 Cranky Stars

Dating the DILFDating the DILF by Amali Rose
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


Someone come claim my chick card. I’ll gladly hand it over with no fights because I can safely say I’ve never been sucked into watching seasons of bad reality dating shows that always turns out comical and slightly tragic. The drunk chick, the overly dramatic chick, the suave guy with eight pack abs and the one gosh darn good boy it’s something for everyone. I can probably count on one hand how many episodes I have seen and not consecutively. That is along the lines of what this book is about. A seemingly normal guy who just wants to fall in love and create a family portrayed as a womanizer and a villain and they couldn’t be further from the truth when it comes to the real Miles.


Miles was on the worst reality tv in history titled Dating the DILF and boy oh boy it didn’t go well at all. He was portrayed as a cheating lying villain and it didn’t go well. Now he’s back home trying to salvage his life with his daughter Tallulah and his thriving veterinary practice. Life is pretty good all things considered when you are a single parent with a two-year-old with a mouth that will rival a sailor. A happenstance meeting in an ice cream aisle puts Charlotte in his path and he really wants to find her again since she ran out without giving him her number. When she shows up again in his life he knows this is his chance. You see Miles is all about taking leaps and living for the now screw the consequences. Charlotte is a hot shot lawyer on her way to partner. Her life is work, going home, drinking box wine, watching Lucifer and maybe squeezing in a little sleep. She is content with her life. Then she meets Miles and runs away. They meet again and she takes the biggest leap of her life. She isn’t sure about kids but come on Lulu is the cutest even with her potty mouth. It’s a struggle for Charlie because her past keeps playing on loop in her mind because her mother was the worst example of parenting and made Charlie feel like she wasn’t worthy. Can Charlie get over her past and put her heart and trust in Miles and basically Lulu as well?


Ok I’m going to admit I don’t watch the scripted dating reality shows. I might have watched one or two episodes but It’s not my thing but I totally get how they portray people in them. This book was funny as heck but also made your heart pitter patter. Who wouldn’t love Miles and his unwavering optimism to find the one. I know I surely did love him. Charlie I felt was a force but at times she needed to just calm down and possibly grow a spine when it came to that wretch of a mother. This was a sweet steamy little story full of hope and love and overcoming your past to make your future that much sweeter.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home