Thursday, September 26, 2019

New Review! The Fire Within (Cliffhaven Coven #2) by Mary Dean 5 Cranky Stars

The Fire Within, A Cliffhaven Coven Series Book TwoThe Fire Within, A Cliffhaven Coven Series Book Two by Mary Dean
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 CRANKY STARS


I was only going to give this story 4 stars because it is written in first person and every chapter is someone else speaking. The author does list the name of the character at the top but in spots it gets confusing. I got so lost in the story that I would forget to look who the chapter was about, and I had to go back for it to make sense. But that is just my problem so since the storyline was interesting, I had to give it 5 stars. This is the second book in the Cliffhaven Coven Series, but it works as a stand alone novel. I have not read the first book, but I will definitely read it in the near future.


This book is about Rachel and Zeke. They are magical people in a town with magicals and non-magicals. Rachel has a family history with magic and a mother who has taught her to use her powers. Zeke’s father was the magical in his life, but his father left him when he was very young. He wants nothing to do with magic. Therefore, he doesn’t know what his powers are or how to use them. When his mother dies of cancer, he must move in with her best friend, who just happens to be Rachel’s mom. Zeke’s mom’s last request was for her to teach him about his powers.


Both Rachel and Zeke have problems beyond just being part of a magical world. As these problems catch up to them, they must come to some hard decisions and grow up in the process. The author does a great job showing this relationship in as real a way as possible with fiction. Looking forward to the next book.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home