Thursday, September 26, 2019

New Review! Primal Instinct (Prowlers #1) by Ally Parker 3 Cranky Stars

Primal Instinct (Prowlers, #1)Primal Instinct by Ally Parker
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3 Cranky Stars


Meh. This book is neither great nor terrible. I read a lot of paranormal romance series and this one lands smack dab in mediocre territory. The antagonists, Jaxx and Kenzie, say all the predictable things that you'd find in a hundred other romance novels. Give me about a month and I'll forget I even read it.


The plot line is unoriginal. Wolf meets girl. Girl is wolf's mate. She has big secrets. She has to lie. Can wolf forgive girl? The characters' personalities and traits are superficial. Everything about this book is just..... Ok. I feel like I've read about this couple at least 15 times. There are no surprises. No original plot twists. No "edge of my seat" or "oh God what happens next?!" moments. I never felt like I had to finish just one more chapter.


This book also drags on. It's a 7 hour novel! That's a lot of time to spend on a book with nothing original to say. I knew what would happen by chapter 2, barely 20 minutes into this thing. I give it 3 out of 5 stars. It just lacks any type of originality.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home