Thursday, September 26, 2019

New Review! Dark Unicorn (Horn Sworn #1) by Taylor Haiden and Angela Kulig 4 Cranky Stars

Dark Unicorn: A Unicorn Shifter Novel (Horn Sworn Book 1)Dark Unicorn: A Unicorn Shifter Novel by Taylor Haiden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 CRANKY STARS


This is a decent story about a magical kingdom. I can only give it 4 out of 5 stars because it wasn’t memorable to me and I finished two days ago. I truly hope that book 2 will be more engaging. I think I have a problem with it because unlike most women, I can’t believe that so many young women in stories lately run off to save the world without help. It seems especially dumb in the magical world when one doesn’t know what kind of magical beings they will encounter. Then, they do get in trouble and they are so happy that they brought someone along to save them.


In this series, the King’s son Pieter (who of course is irresponsible) steals the Heart of Rune which supplies magic to all of Spellshallow and its people. Of course, the princess (who is heir to the throne) must find him and restore the stone. Her father forces her to take a guard with her and off they go on their adventure. They encounter many trials in their quest. They finally find a Seer who tells them where they must go and who they must find. Turns out this is where they meet the Unicorn. It’s a strange turn of events as the quest continues.


I wasn’t expecting the ending which is a good lead in to book 2. The story itself was well written but as I said above, a little underwhelming.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home