Thursday, September 26, 2019

New Review! Our Song by Lauren Runow 5 Cranky Stars

Our SongOur Song by Lauren Runow
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


This is my first book by Lauren Runow and I’m hooked. I am a sucker for a rock star romance throw in a cute kid you might as well take my money now. I know it can be overdone and ran into the ground, but I feel Our Song carries its own weight and makes it very special.


Adam Jacobson is the lead singer of Devil’s Breed which is known for their rocking lyrics and onstage antics they are popular among the rock sect. Adam who isn’t who he’s pretends to be on stage in real life he is the doting father to a very precious kindergartner named Cailin who just wants to protect her at all costs. When it comes time for her to enroll in school, he settles in an idyllic small town in hopes of keeping her out the public eye, yet he isn’t welcomed with open arms like he hopes. When he meets her teacher, he is smitten. Adam slowly gets to know Sarah outside of school and realizes she is his perfect match. She is someone he wants in his life for the long term and his heart falls more in love with her because she treats Cailin like her own.


Sarah Russo had music stardom dreams and was well on her way to them when tragedy happened. She heads back home to heal and make a new life for herself. Dedicated to the Lord like her father wants and a teacher like her mother was once before. Sarah is just existing she is unhappy. The only time she smiles is when she is singing yet singing hymns isn’t what she wants Sarah wants to sing rock. She wants to move the masses with her lyrics and make the stadiums stand up and sing her songs. When school starts again, she is introduced to a new student and when she learns who her father is, she is floored. Sarah has followed Devil’s Breed and can’t believe who is in her town. Slowly she falls in love with him and sets out to defend him against her religious father and bigoted town.


Oh my stars! This book was just so awesome. I know Cranky come up with a better word but I’m at a loss. I loved that Adam wasn’t your quintessential rocker that underneath he was a loving dad and a heck of a cook with a pretty normal house. His upbringing made me sad for him but look he turned it all around so kudos to him. Poor Sarah and her loss geez that broke my heart. Her father I swear I hated him and thought surely he can’t redeem himself. I was angry. I have never understood hiding behind religion to justify hate. Ughhhh!! Ok I’m done and oh oh Cailin she is an amazing little girl like I really want to know a kid like that. Our Song is a slow burn where Lauren Runow romances us with her words much like Adam romances Sarah….slow and steady. When they finally come together phew it’s hot hot hot. I just really liked this book ok!



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home