Tuesday, October 8, 2019

New Review! Marrow Charm (The Gate Cycle #1) by Kristin Jacques 5 Cranky Stars

Marrow Charm (The Gate Cycle, #1)Marrow Charm by Kristin Jacques
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 CRANKY STARS


I can’t say that I have read anything like this story before and yet some parts are familiar. It is a well written tale and the world is relatable. I just pray that authors of these types of stories aren’t correct about what the future holds. The storyline was both fascinating and terrifying. Monsters of all shapes and sizes abound and some are quite unique. But why are there always so many spider type beings?


There are people that live below ground in caverns. They are wary of magic and try to rid themselves of anyone tainted by it. There are people that live above ground but as far as the under grounders are concerned, they are just monsters that steal away anyone that ventures out. There are also monstrous creatures that live in the tunnels of the cave systems. It is a simple but complicated society and when our heroine fights her way to the above ground city, questions abound.


As I said, the author introduces us to some different creatures and concepts. I was glued to this book until I could finish it. It was fast paced with twists and turns that one didn’t see coming. The ending left many questions and I just hope I remember to watch for another book in this series.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home