Wednesday, August 3, 2016

New Review! Counteract (Resistance, #1) by Tracy Lawson, 4 Cranky Stars

Counteract  (Resistance, #1)Counteract by Tracy Lawson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

****4 Cranky Stars



The Office of Civilian Safety and Defense has guarded the public against the rampant threat of terrorism for the last fifteen years with the full backing of the US government. Their carefully crafted list of Civilian Restrictions means no concerts or sporting events, no travel, no social media, no cash transactions, and no driver's licenses for eighteen-year-olds Tommy and Careen. The OCSD has even outlawed grocery stores, all in the name of safety.



Now, there's a new threat-airborne chemical weapons that could be activated at any time. But the OCSD has an antidote: Just three drops a day is all it takes to stay safe. It's a small price to pay for safety.



Or is it...

I've never been so happy to not believe in conspiracy theories. This was a difficult book for me to read because I was constantly asking myself "what if?"



The author takes you into the not so distant future of a terrified United States. Many sanctions have been placed upon the people and now they're being controlled by a power hungry madman. Some unlikely people ban together to form the resistance.



This book jumps around a lot between characters and situation. It read like a TV series but I still found it difficult to put down. I'm looking forward to the next book as the author leaves you hanging at the end.



I recommend this book to anyone who loves conspiracy, action and very real characters.

4 stars from this reviewer.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home