Sunday, April 2, 2017

New Review! The Agreement by S.E. Lund, 1 Cranky Star

The Agreement (Unrestrained, #1)The Agreement by S.E. Lund
My rating: 1 of 5 stars



* 1 Cranky Star *

It gives me no pleasure writing reviews like this, but I found this book to be almost unreadable.



Largely, it felt like a Fifty Shades of Grey knock-off, which has more in depth research than Fifty, but follows the same tropes.



Kate McDermott, the main female lead, is a good girl who has an ambitious, domineering father with political aspirations. Research for an article leads her into the world of BDSM, but it's not the only thing. Kate is curious.



There she meets a man in her familial and social circle, Master 'D' - Drake Morgan. He's a billionaire, philanthropist, a neurosurgeon, a bass player and involved in the lifestyle. Yeah. He's unbelievably busy.



Kate and Drake are set up to be partners in Kate's exploration of BDSM. Drake is divorced and wary. He doesn't do relationships or sleepovers, but Kate might change his mind.



Kate is surrounded by people who boss her around from a best friend who blackmails her to a father who sets her up with Drake to Drake the clingy, needy, stalky guy who won't take no for an answer. I didn't find this sexy. I wanted to reach for some mace.



Maybe this is a "it's not you, it's me" scenario, but I ended up hate finishing this book and then was annoyed with myself that I kept on with it.

View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home