Thursday, December 13, 2018

New Review! Untrainable by Jamie Schlosser 4.5 Cranky Stars

UntrainableUntrainable by Jamie Schlosser
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 Cranky Stars


What could possibly happen when a reality tv washup and a runner up on a talent show collide? Lots and lots of laugh out loud moments and parts that make your heart swoon. Seriously it’s a match made in heaven.


Hadley was a runner up on a talent show where she did tricks with her dog Matilda. She’s an animal lover through and through and could have used that money. When her agent comes to her about a reality show with Theodore Legend and she is to “train” him to be a better person she thinks this is all a joke. When she agrees and meets Theo she feels their instant connection. She starts to train him like a dog with a water bottle and positive reinforcement and treats of homemade pie.


Theo is trying to shake (pun intended) the title of Theo-Dog. He peed on a fire hydrant in a drunken rage and it has followed him since. When he sees Hadley on TV he is drawn to her and does some light stalking. He even proposes a show idea with her and it is approved. Now he has to try and be a better version of himself for Hadley, but Theo is very self-destructive and self-sacrificing when those he loves are in trouble.


I will say this book was an interesting. I mean I would never think to put a washed up destructive reality tv star and a dog trainer together but it works. They are so darn sweet together. To watch them fall in love is cute. Her squirting him constantly with a water bottle like a bad cat is rather funny and oddly affective. Maybe I should try that on my kids and husband. I like that he was redeemable and mended fences. The prank wars at her family house were hilarious and that potato bar sounds like something from my dreams. This is my second book by this author and she is quickly becoming a go to for laughs and heartfelt moments that make me sigh with happiness.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home