Thursday, December 13, 2018

New Review! The Playbook (The Diamond Series #2) by Maggie Jane Schuler 4 Cranky Stars

The PlaybookThe Playbook by Maggie Jane Schuler
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


Well we get answers in the second book so that’s awesome. It kind of took a very confusing way to get there I felt. I almost wanted to grab my white board and write out what was happening. A flow chart or something. The mole isn’t who we think and toward the end I started to finally piece it together who it was all along. The result might shock you.


Sam is having doubts about how Blake feels about her. She isn’t sure if she should be taking the next step so soon and misses her regimented life where she can never get hurt. The investigation is heating up and she feels left in the dark. She doesn’t know who she should trust and why Blake says one thing then does another without thought when it comes to her. She wants to be involved so she can get her life back. It all comes to a scary showdown in a hospital room.


Blake feels they are close to solving this thing once and for all. He wants to move on with his life with Sam and love her for always. He doesn’t like her willingness to dangle herself out there but thinks it might help. He’s juggling work and a relationship neither one he can drop the ball on. When the case comes to a head and with Sam helping him figure things out it takes a nasty turn. He isn’t surprised who the mole is because it all adds up.


If you like mystery and drama and love this is your book. It’s not what you think, and I think that makes the story interesting. It picks up right where book one left off so you’ll finally get those answers. I kind of felt there was a lot of story really not needed in order to get to the answers. I felt lost at times then there was that major life event tossed seemingly in the middle of the book. Which I understand it was needed but still seemed off to me. Sam was immature at times and throws a few teenage fits despite her age and Blake had his pushy demanding alpha act down to a science.


I liked the dream scenes with her brother and how they were a guide. Good cast of supporting characters from the loving parents to the CIA agents turned family. I’m glad I stuck this book out and got a satisfying ending.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home