Thursday, December 13, 2018

New Review! Up to Bat (The Diamond Series #1) by Maggie Jane Schuler 4 Cranky Stars

Up to BatUp to Bat by Maggie Jane Schuler
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 Cranky Stars


This book wasn’t what I expected. I seriously had a confused look on my face for most of the book. Not in a bad way just a totally confused as to what was happening way. I thought despite reading the synopsis that this was a college romance with some mystery. Well let’s take out college for the last leg of the book and replace it with a safe house and so many confusing variables.


Sam has been dealt a tragic hand. Having lost her brother in the 9/11 attacks she has never truly been the same. She’s very regimented and refuses to deviate from her plan. She befriends a quite and timid girl and that’s when her life spirals out of control. She starts bumping into Blake more and she doesn’t think it’s a coincidence.


Blake has secrets. He’s not who he seems and is trying to maintain a college career. When things start to spiral and he realizes it’s because Sam bears a striking resemblance to a mousy girl he knows he starts putting two and two together. When they are thrust together feelings develop and keeping her safe becomes his number one priority.


I liked this book but it was a lot going on. So many unanswered questions such as who is the mole and why does Adrianna always carry that teddy bear. Ok well I think I know the answer to that one. It wasn’t what I expected and I’m glad I have book two on hand because that ending left me with more questions then answers.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home