Thursday, December 13, 2018

New Review! Wicked Origins by Paula Black 5 Cranky Stars

Wicked OriginsWicked Origins by Paula Black
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


Take what you know about the land of Oz and ball it up. Toss it in the trash and light it on fire for safe measure. It’s been so long since I’ve read the original book, but I’ve seen the movie (yes I know it’s not the same) and this isn’t it. It’s different and unique but the story is still the same in a sense. Names have been retained and there is still the famous yellow brick road which leads our characters on some harrowing journeys. It’s a YA tale of family and love.


Dorothy is a teenage girl with an abusive past. She blocks all feelings and seeks them in the wrong way, yet she doesn’t go all the way if you catch my drift. She lives with her adoptive family and has a cute dog named Toto. When a tornado appears, she’s whisked off to a make believe land in her hatchback with Toto in tow. It’s here she lands on the witch and in a tribe of cannibal munchkins. Not the cute ones from the movie that sing you songs about lollipops. It’s here she encounters 3 shifter brothers who become her savior and a pair of shoes she wants nothing to do with. As they go on their journey to find a way home for her, they start to develop feelings. Chimmy our crow is sweet and kind Joon our wolf is a protector and closed off and Gin is our lion who is the caretaker. She starts to display what the shifters call the telltale signs that she is choosing them as her mates. When her skin starts to turn green, she becomes increasingly concerned and torn. She wants to go home but why? These boys feel like home to her.


Ok cannibal munchkins! They would eat anyone and anything which isn’t good. Oz the great and powerful is a manipulative jerk. I love Joon. Guess I’m a sucker for the strong silent type. This was so different than my normal read. I read it in a day and a half. Heck I even tried to read while I was cooking dinner which I don’t suggest. From poppy fields to trees that are venomous this story has something for everyone.This book was the story building to what is going to hopefully be an amazing series. Wicked Origins is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life….and help you find the family you so very much deserve.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home