Thursday, February 7, 2019

New Review! The Lies We Tell Ourselves (Southern Heroes #3) by Michelle Heard 5 Cranky Stars

The Lies We Tell Ourselves (Southern Heroes #3)The Lies We Tell Ourselves by Michelle Heard
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Cranky Stars


Move over other book boyfriends you have been replaces by Alec. Nothing personal just that epilogue cemented his permanent book boyfriend status. Lordy lordy.


Alec is a detective who goes undercover and is tasked with getting close to a drug manufacturer. When he’s able to insert himself into this man’s life his job shifts from protecting Clay to protecting Reece. He figures she’s an easier target to get info from, but he didn’t expect her to just be living one day at a time waiting for the right moment to escape. He is drawn to how close she is to her mother and she doesn’t give off the vibe of being in cahoots with Clay. Day by day the lines get blurred and he knows when the truth comes out it will hurt not just his heart but Reece too.


Reece is trapped in a prison of her own making. Thinking Clay is her only choice since he was at one point her best friend and stuck around during a family tragedy, he can’t be that bad. He now has access to her money and is becoming increasingly unstable. She wants to leave but she’s scared. When Clay assigns Alec to be her guard she feels her life is well and truly over. No way she can escape with her ailing mother with someone reporting her every move. When she learns that Alec may be on her side she starts to open up. He might be the one to help her and her mother. When the truth comes to light, she doesn’t know what’s real and what’s not and who is truly on her side.


I loved Cole. Him and Birdie made me cry in the car with my family around. I thought surely no one can take his place. I was wrong dead wrong so go ahead and mark this day that I finally admitted I was wrong about something. I loathed Clay. He was such a pompous self-absorbed useless waste of air.


I loved that Alec was selfless and so darn sweet. I did feel bad for Reece I can see how she thought she was stuck. Her love for her mother and helping her recover tugged on my heart strings. I think Alec and Reece are perfect for each other. I’m now going to need Wyatt’s story because I feel he has an amazing story to tell. Kudos once again to Michelle Heard and this amazing series.



View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home