Tuesday, October 8, 2019

New Review! Spellbinding: An Anthology of Magic by Multiple Authors 5 Cranky Stars

Spellbinding: An Anthology of MagicSpellbinding: An Anthology of Magic by Rebecca Crunden
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 CRANKY STARS


This is a collection of short stories involving magic. The authors are from around the world thus some of the storylines correspond to myths in their countries. There are 9 stories that are all very entertaining. Just on their own merits, each would receive a 5- star rating from me. I will just highlight a couple in this review.


Hex Woods by Sara Coates was good because of the creepy woods that no one ever entered. The ending was rather odd and different from what I was expecting.


Waiting by Kristina Decker was just plain creepy. It is about a Banshee which was interesting because not many stories include those fabled monsters. This author portrays her in a different light. Loved it.


Crow Song by Alyssa Corbett was a favorite. A witch conjures up a crow as a familiar. Her mother doesn’t feel that she will ever be a successful witch and constantly berates her. Now she has a crow as a familiar. What more can go wrong. I’m not telling.


The Fish, the Wish, and Vinny is my absolute favorite. It was a story I could relate too except for the part about having wishes granted instantly. We have all experienced the fun of “Secret Santa” parties and the game. I was laughing all through this story.


I highly recommend this book as light and fun reading for an afternoon. Good luck to these authors and Thank You for sharing these short stories.


View all my reviews

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home